Monday, February 4, 2013

The Tilt-shift Tryout

I've been wanting to try out tilt-shift effects during post processing for a while now. A tilt-shift effect is typically applied to miniaturize scenes. To accomplish this, part of the photo is blurred and the colors are over-saturated to make houses/cars/people look like toys. I finally dug out some old pictures, started up Photoshop Elements and tried my luck.

Here are my first attempts:

A
pirate ship in the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Granted: it already looked like a toy ship anyways :-)


The skyline of Pittsburgh shortly before sunset.



Harpers Ferry from up high.



An HDR panorama view of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. The fake miniature effect does not come out as well here, since the photo was taken on ground level. I like the picture anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment